Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Quick and Easy Cards - Let the Paper Shine

Sometimes it's necessary to make a bulk lot of cards quickly.  They need to be simple but not boring.  This is a time when you want to let the gorgeous Designer Series Papers shine through.

Here's how I put together the 13 cards I managed to make today while fitting in a whole morning at Chipmunks with Cameron and babysitting my four year old nephew in the afternoon.  They had to be quick and easy.


Choose the Designer Series Paper sheet you want to use.  You can get nine cards from one 12x12 sheet.  Add two cardstock colours and a neutral.  I've used Jolly Holiday DSP with Cherry Cobbler, Old Olive and Very Vanilla Cardstock.


I cut my DSP sheet into nine pieces 100x143mm sponged the edges and stuck it to the centre of an A5 Old Olive piece of cardstock.
 
Add a 10x143mm cardstock strip across the centre to break the DSP into two pieces.  You could use ribbon if you wished.
 
Finish your card with the greeting and punches of your choice.  My Merry Christmas greeting is from the 'Contempo Christmas' stamp set.


Here are my nine cards all packaged up with envelopes in packs of three ready to go to the Kindy fair.  I also added some Thank you cards as a fourth pack. 


Share

No comments: