Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Inlaid Embossing

In the Big Shot world, Inlaid Embossing seems to be the thing of the moment.  I've finally got my hands on the 'Square Lattice' embossing folder and I'm enjoying being part of the trend.

But this time something different, I've created Inlaid Embossing to fit in the window section of my Stampin' Up!® handbag and had to emboss a piece of card double the size of the textured impressions embossing folder.

Here's what I did: - 

Gather together: - 
- Big Shot Die Cut Machine with Cutting Plates and Multi Purpose Platform
- Square Lattice Textured Impressions Embossing Folder
- A Selection of circle punches
- Your base card I used Whisper White
- A selection of card scraps in the colours you want to use - I used Certainly Celery, Perfect Plum & Marina Mist
- Glue Stick

 

Cut a mixture of different sized circles from your cardstock scraps.  I punched some as rings by punching a smaller circle then lining up the punched piece of card in a larger sized punch as shown above and punching again.




Using a glue stick or another wet glue adhere your circles in a pleasing pattern to your card base.


Before your glue has time to dry place your base card inside the embossing folder, as my card was larger I embossed one side at a time, and run through your Big Shot as normal using the multi purpose platform with no tabs.



I then carefully placed the unembossed section of my card into the embossing folder carefully lining up the embossed edge of the card with the start of the raised section of the embossing folder.


And here it is with only a slightly raised line in the middle to show that it was embossed in two pieces.


I'd love to see what you make using this technique.

Share

No comments: