Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Big Shot - Scalloped Background/Foreground


 Get together: -
-     Big Shot and Tasteful Trim Die
-     Designer Series Paper Scraps  - at least the length of an A5 Card
-     Cardstock for card base and other decorating
-     Stamp Set, ink pad and other decorating items of your choice.

 

Just as an extra tip before we start, I found this great idea for storing DSP scraps in a magazine.  For paper packs in pads like the DSP Paper stacks I’ve stuck a plastic file pocket in the back to hold all the scraps in place.  The magazine tip used an envelope but I liked the idea of being able to see what I had.


I chose to use paper scraps that were the full 12” long as that is the length of the die.  I cut them to 5cm wide, wider than the die to make sure the strips didn’t slide of the side of the die.


I had eight strips of DSP and as the Big Shot is able to cut up to nine placed them in a pile on top of the Scallop section on the side of the die.  I chose to use the scallop because it had one straight edge.

Run the die through the Big Shot as normal.


Choose your cardstock, any colour will do as it won’t be visible in the finished project.  Cover in adhesive.  I used a Multi Purpose adhesive sheet.  
 

Lay your strips of DSP on the cardstock in a pattern that suits you.



When you’re happy with how it looks cut into the size needed for your project.  Mine were cut to 95x138mm for use as a background on my card.  Although not a lot of embellishing was needed with these bright colours so maybe it’s also the foreground.


Add embellishments and finish off your card.




No comments: